Add a Date of Merge function field to a merge template
Template builders can add merge fields that reference date and date/ time to merge templates.
By adding date and date/ time merge fields to a merge template, template builders can ensure that date sensitive documentation always contains the correct date to avoid customer service and/ or legal disputes down the road.
Adding current moment/user context
- Navigate to the Drive Connect application in Salesforce
- Select the Template Builder tab
- If this tab isn’t available, follow these steps
- Create a new template or select a template and edit it
- In the merge field generator, select the Type drop down and select Functions
- In the Function drop down, select Date of Merge
- In the Day Offset field, enter a value greater than or equal to zero
- In the Date Format dropdown, select the format that best fits your use case
- Once you have formatted your date or date/ time merge field, copy and paste it into the appropriate section of your merge template