Add a related list to a table using merge fields
Template builders can add formatted related lists into tables.
Tables allow template builders to create merge templates that contain information from objects related to the parent record and format that information in a repeating list that can be filtered based on desired criteria. Examples of related lists are case information include, but are not limited to, cases, opportunities, campaign information.
Add a table to your merge template
- Navigate to the Drive Connect application in Salesforce
- Select the Template Builder tab
- If this tab isn’t available, follow these steps
- Create a new template or select a template and edit it
- In the Google Doc editor, select Insert
- Hover over the table selection then enter a table at the size of your choice
- Format the table as needed
- On the merge field generator tab, click the drop down and select [Record] Fields & Related Objects
- In the second drop down, select a related object
- From here, in the third drop down you can select one or more fields or another related object as needed
- Once you have made your selection copy and paste it into the body of your document
Expected result when previewing/ merging:
President and CEO
Note: The results shown were truncated for convenience.