Drive Connect File Upload
Drive Connect gives users the ability to upload files directly into Google Drive from the Drive Links component in Salesforce.
Upload a file into Google Drive
- Navigate to a Salesforce record page
- Click New on the Drive Links component
- Select File Upload
- From the Google picker, click Select files from your device and select files from your local machine or drag files onto the draggable area window
- Click Upload
- Optional: Rename the file(s) and check/uncheck Link file to record checkbox
- Select a destination option from the dropdown
- When selecting the Select existing folder… option, click the pencil icon to open the picker and select the destination folder
- When selecting the Create new folder… option, enter the name of the folder and click the pencil icon to open the picker and select the parent folder
- Optional: If you’ve selected an existing folder from the picker or created a new folder, check/uncheck Link destination folder to record checkbox if you don’t want the folder also linked to the record
- Click Finish
Note: When initially uploading files from the Google picker, the files will first be placed in My Drive. Once a destination is selected, the files will move to that destination seamlessly in the background. If cancelling out of the upload flow, files will be moved to the trash.