Automate linking existing Google Drive folders
Drive Connect Automation allows users to automatically link existing Google Drive folders to the Drive Links component by selecting the New Folder Link operation in a Record-Triggered flow.
Before using this operation, ensure to first create a Record-Triggered Flow using the Automate Drive action. For more information on setting up a Record-Triggered Flow, see the Using Drive Connect Automation with Record-Triggered Flows article.
New Folder Link
In your flow, open a new action element node and follow the steps below:
- Click the Operation picklist and select New Folder Link
- Select the Folder to Link picklist
- Select Parent Default Record Folder, Parent Linked Folder, or Select folder…:
Parent Default Record Folder
- Selecting the Parent Default Record Folder requires users to first select the current flow object being triggered, then select the Lookup field to the parent record. This links the parent record’s Default Record Folder to the current record during Automation. For more information on how to set a Default Record Folder, see the article on Drive Connect Default Folders
Parent Linked Folder
- Selecting a parent linked folder requires users to first select the current flow object being triggered, then select the Lookup field to the parent record. Lastly, they must add a Drive Folder Name to the input field. The folder name must match the name of an already linked folder on the parent record. This links the existing parent folder to the current record during Automation
- This allows users to select any Drive folder from the Google picker. When the Automation is triggered, the folder is linked to the current record
Note: If linking the Parent Default Folder, you must select the same object as your main flow object. Otherwise, an error will occur upon saving your flow.
Note: If you receive a warning regarding insufficient access for the Automated Process User, ensure the folder location you select is accessible by the Automated Process User with full edit rights. For more information, please see the article on Granting access to folders in Drive.
For more information on saving and activating your flow, see the Using Drive Connect Automation with Record-Triggered Flows article.