Rename a merge template
Users with the Template Builder permission can rename merge templates in the Template Builder tab.
Naming your merge templates makes it easy for users in your organization to select the correct template(s) both when generating documents and managing merge templates. It is recommended that names make the template easily identifiable.
Note: Renaming a merge template has no effect on the name of the original template file in Google Drive or the name of any documents previously merged using the template. Renaming the Template does not affect the Generated Name.
Rename a template from the Template Builder
- Navigate to the Drive Connect application in Salesforce
- Select the Template Builder tab
- If this tab isn’t available, follow these steps
- Find and select the desired template
- In the top left hand corner of the Google Doc editor, rename your template.