Preview a merge template
Template builders can verify their work on the creation of a merge template right from the right from the template editor by selecting the merge preview tab and selecting a record to pull information from.
Template builders checking work is extremely important in the event that incorrect merge fields were used or if they manually typed the fields and used the wrong.
To preview a merge template
- Navigate to the Drive Connect application in Salesforce
- Select the Template Builder tab
- If this tab isn’t available, follow these steps
- Create a new template or select a template to edit
- Add merge fields if none exist already
- On the right hand pane, select the Merge Previewer tab
- Search and select a record; the Merge Previewer will attempt to fill in the merge fields in your template and show you the expected output