Drive Connect for Experience Cloud Sites
With the Drive Connect Pro Extension package, you can expose Google Drive files and folders linked to records in your Salesforce Org to Experience Cloud site users.
The Drive Connect Pro Extension package can be installed from the AppExchange. Once you’ve upgraded to a Pro plan and install the extension, you will be able to use the Allow Sharing with Experience Cloud attribute of the Drive Links component in the Lightning App Builder. This attribute enables users in your org to share files or folders linked through the Drive Links component with Experience Cloud site users. Object pages in the Experience Builder can be configured to display these shared links by including the Drive Links component that is provided by the extension.
Configure Drive Links component for setting Experience Cloud sharing
Users in your org will be able to make linked files or folders viewable by Experience Cloud site users from the Drive Links component. This feature is enabled via a component attribute in the Lightning App Builder.
- In the Lightning Record page you would like to edit, drag and drop the Drive Links component onto the page or select the Drive Links component if it’s already on the page layout.
- With the Drive Links component selected on the page layout, check the Allow Sharing with Experience Cloud attribute.
- Click Save, and then go back to the record.
- In the dropdown menu next to each linked file or folder, there will be a new option to Share in Experience Cloud. Selecting this option will turn on visibility to this link for Experience Cloud site users.
- A symbol next to the linked file or folder will indicate that it has been made visible to Experience Cloud site users.
- Experience Cloud visibility for a file or folder can be turned off by opening the dropdown menu and selecting Hide from Experience Cloud.
Add Drive Links component to Experience Cloud site
The Drive Links component available in the Drive Connect Pro Extension package can be placed on an Experience Cloud site record detail page. The component will display Drive files linked to records if that link has been marked as Visible in Experience Cloud from the base Drive Links component.
- From the Builder of your Experience Cloud site, click on the Pages dropdown menu and select the object detail page you would like to add the extension component to.
- Open the Lightning Components menu, then drag and drop the Drive Links component onto the layout.
- Click Publish, then click Publish again in the modal to confirm.
- Linked files marked as Viewable by Experience Cloud users will show up in the component.
How it works
Drive Connect creates Content Documents to link files or folders in Google Drive to records in Salesforce. When you link or generate a file with the Drive Links component on a record page, a Content Document pointing to the file in your Google Drive is created and linked to that record. The resulting Content Document Link is used by Salesforce to determine visibility. Exposing Content Documents to Experience Cloud site users can be achieved by going to a Content Document’s share settings in Salesforce and enabling Customer Access.
This action sets the visibility on that Content Document Link to “All” giving Experience Cloud site users view access. Drive Connect’s “Share in Experience Cloud” option sets that visibility for the Content Document Link directly from the Drive Links component.